We are an umbrella organization for character education, serving as the leading resource for people and organizations that are integrating character education into their schools and communities.
Young people everywhere who are educated, inspired and empowered to be ethical and engaged citizens.
Providing the vision, leadership and resources for schools, families and communities to develop ethical citizens committed to building a just and caring world.
What We Do
CEP focuses on defining and encouraging effective practices and approaches to quality character education and provides a forum for the exchange of ideas. We offer:
- Eleven Principles of Effective Character Education – a tool for evaluating effective character education.
- Professional development for school teachers and administrators focusing on school-wide systemic change
- National Forum on Character Education – an annual conference
- National Schools of Character (NSOC) program- A school improvement process for schools or districts.
- Resources, including our annual publication, National Schools of Character: Award-Winning Practices
CEP is key to connecting people interested in character education, especially educators from states/communities without a lot of support for character education.